I think the online service is the best method of payment and if you follow these steps, you have a good chance of being able to pay your council tax online, tried and test by many Idealworld Bodrum property management clients. This guide has been updated to take account of changes to the Milas council website 2014.
Clicking on the ENGLISH link does not seem to bring many advantages, except for English navigation options. None of the content on the site is actually in English. Maybe this will come in time.
CLICK THE LINK ON THE COUNCIL WEBSITE AS HIGHLIGHTED IN THE SCREEN PRINT ABOVE OR USE THE FOLLOWING LINK: Giriş için tıklayın
A new window will open. You will see in the top left hand corner a box which I have highlighted. You only need a user number as the previous requirement for a password has gone. If you do not have these number you need to contact the Milas Tapu office or Idealworld if you are a client.
PLEASE ENTER YOUR USER NUMBER IN THE BOX
This is what you will see if you have no debt on your account. In this case, you have no need to carry on, so see you next year. If you have a debt, then please read on.
Use the image above to guide you through the payment screen.
- Type 11111111111 (that's eleven ones)
- Type you name as it appears on the tapu
- Type 02521234567 as an example. You are unable to add international number so a pointless box for foreigners.
- Type your email address. This is where you receipt with be sent.
- Type your name as it appears on your credit card.
- select the credit card number box, then use the number pad to the right to select your credit card number.
- Select the card's expriry date
- Select the next box and add the 3 digit security code using the number pad.
- To complete the transaction click ÖDEMEYI TAMALA
THAT'S IT. I hope you have found this guide useful.
If you do not have a username, please follow these guidelines:
If you are not an Idealworld client then you will need to claim your username and password from the council. This is the procedure (thanks to Brian Watts for this info):
Subject: e-belediye Şifre
Tckimlik No: Turkish kimlik or foreign passport No
Baba Adı: Father's Name
Ana Adı: Main Title
Doğum Yeri: Place of birth
Doğum Tarihi: Date of birth
Ev Tel: Home Phone (including international code)
Cep Tel: Mobile Phone (including international code)
Varsa Emlak Sicil No: Real Estate Registration No (you should be able to get this from your Tapu).